Headlines
    hgg

Prof Sahaf is KU’s New Registrar

24 Jun 2015 / 0 Comments

Prof Sahaf is KU’s New Registrar LATEST NEWS Posted on: Wednesday, June 24th, 2015 Advertisement KL NEWS NETWORK SRINAGAR Prof Sahaf Former Director of The Business School, Kashmir University (KU), Prof Musadiq A Sahaf has been appointed as the new Registrar KU. Prof Sahaf succeeded Prof Zafar

Read More...

KASHMIR
WORLD

ISIS gold coins revealed on social media

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) seems to have minted its own currency, according to Syrian activis...

ISIL hangs two boys for not fasting during Ramadan

The ISIL Takfiri terrorists have hung two teenage boys in Syria for eating within daylight hours during the h...

NATIONAL

Maggi Noodles: The Precise Reasons Why Lead And MSG Are Bad For You

NEW DELHI -- With every passing day, official action against Maggi Noodles is spreading. After Delhi and Utta...

This is how PM Modi showed up in Google's #Top10Criminals list

Here's what happened yesterday: someone on the internet typed "Top 10 Criminals" into Google's Image Search a...

SPORTS
TRAVEL

"IT IS SPRING TIME IN KASHMIR"

With the advent of Spring in Kashmir, tourist arrivals are poised to increase. While the rest of the coun...

TECHNOLOGY

Google app to help fix smartphone issues

New York: A new Google app, Device Assist, has been launched to detect problems with smartphones and help peo...

Sony Pictures HACKED; Studio- Staff Computers Seized by Hackers

It’s a bad day for Sony yesterday!! Sony appears to be hacked once again by hackers, but this time not ...

Now you can hide blue ticks on WhatsApp with 'Read Receipts'!

New Delhi: Last week, Whatsapp's new update , the ‘double blue ticks’ feature had kicked off a st...

RELIGION

The story of a young Man who had ahabit of looking at women.

He story of A YOUNG MAN who had a habit of looking at women . This young man asked Sheik : I feel guilty a...

Prophet (SAW)'s Prayers.

For Morning & Evening Dua to be recited in the morning أَصْبَـحْـنا وَأَصْبَـحْ المُـلكُ للَّهِ رَبّ...

iReport

My Motherland: A Story to Remember .

It’s been a very long time since I really looked in the reality around me, the newspapers, breaking news on ...

HEALTH

5 easy tips to get rid of corns (calluses) in your feet naturally!

New Delhi: Winter season is here and it also brings the various skin and foot problems. As a matter of fact,...

EDUCATION & JOBS
BUSINESS
WORLD
Published On:Friday, 7 November 2014

Sachin Tendulkar hints at major sporting plan for India with Narendra Modi

London: Iconic Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar on Friday hinted that a major proposal on sports,
which he has submitted to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is set to be unveiled soon.

At the UK launch of his much-hyped
autobiography -- 'Playing It My Way' -- here, Tendulkar said the details of the plan would be released soon.

The Rajya Sabha MP ruled out any plans of entering politics but confirmed that he has been in talks with the Modi government on a proposal which he will reveal soon.

"I was a sportsman and will be a sportsman forever. I have handed over a proposal recently which presents my vision and the PM has been receptive," he told reporters at a launch event at the Lord's Cricket Ground.

"I have already given one proposal some time ago to the government. Recently also, I met the PM and shared my vision with him and he was
extremely receptive and immediately afterwards met with his team. We are working on something which you will know soon," he said.

While Tendulkar did not completely rule out coaching the Indian cricket team in the future, he stressed that he has already been unofficially
sharing his knowledge with current players and will continue to do so.

"Twenty-four years with cricket is a long time to spend away from family. I feel players are approachable to me and I am approachable to them.

We have been discussing over the phone on various issues and there were also a few players who ended up coming to Mumbai to work with me and we had a couple of sessions each, trying to figure out what could be corrected," said Tendulkar.

"It's about sharing your knowledge, sharing your thoughts and that's what I have been doing and I don't think I need a post to be able to pass on that message. The response that I have always received from players has been special because they respect me and the respect is mutual.

The 41-year-old batting legend said that the players were receptive to his advice. "Whatever I say, they listen to me and there's a healthy discussion on that. It's not that
whatever I say is the final word. It's nice to talk cricket. As long as I am able to do that, it really doesn?t matter whether I am the official coach of the team or not."

The former Indian cricketer was joined at the London launch of his book by ex-England cricket
captain Nasser Hussain, who Tendulkar described in his book as "the best captain" he has played
against.

Hussain asked him about the toughest aspect of writing the autobiography, given how private he
is as a person.

"I've covered most of my life I would say. The toughest bit for me to cover was my personal life with Anjali, which nobody knew about.

That was really difficult," Tendulkar responded. "The icing on the cake was when we won the 2011
World Cup, which I have covered extensively, including how I had a flower in my ear as I danced with my wife with a bottle of champagne
in hand. It [book] is a good insight into what I have been through in my life," he said.

Regarding the impact the book has already had in India, he said, "I have not tried to create controversies intentionally. Certain statements I
make in the book have made headlines but the idea was not to make headlines.

"During my playing days, I felt all my energy should focused in one direction, which is scoring runs and winning matches for India. And I
honestly didn't have the time or energy for anything else. But now my career is over I thought it was only fair I brought this out and
let people know what I have been through," Tendulkar said.

The publishers, Hodder & Stoughton, have claimed that the book has already broken all records for a hardback in India.

PTI

About Us

‘Kashmir Post’ (KP) is run by a team of experienced journalists, political analysts and writers. Our news are also sourced from KP,PTI,IANS And Reuters.

If you want to send us a press release, or tell us about a new story: For the same day: Email: editor@kashmirpost.net For a future event: Email: info@kashmirpost.net

0 comments for "Sachin Tendulkar hints at major sporting plan for India with Narendra Modi"

Leave a reply



Most Popular Posts